Saturday, February 7, 2009

A good walk spoiled indeed!

This is the hardest thing I've ever done! I've always considered myself to be pretty athletic. I jumped out of airplanes, showed horses competitively and was on the swim team in high school and college. But golf is HARD!

A while back a friend took me to a driving range. A southpaw, I was using an old set of left-handed clubs and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. My friend, a delusional optimist, said that perhaps with the right set of clubs and a little instruction I might have potential. Hmmm, those cute golf clothes, playing on the best real estate and nice looking men. Golf had potential.

So, the next week I spent time "interviewing" teaching pros in North County like I knew what I was doing. Sometimes even a blind pig finds a golf ball and I was lucky enough to find Jeff Sampson. Stayed tuned....my first lesson was about to happen.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to not being able to hit the side of a barn! My father is an AVID golfer -- and he didn't take it up until his mid-thirties. But his wife, son and yours truly have never been able to hit a ball, so naturally we've never enjoyed it. I look forward to following your progress, in hopes I will be inspired to give it a formal try with lessons myself. Thx for the initiative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really incredible, one of the most helpful I have ever read,indeed.youtube Likes

    ReplyDelete